we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

why not


Just Never Grow Up



I grew up, but I don't know why I did. I used to wonder why the leaves changed color in the fall so I would make up stories about a magical bunny in charge of the trees. I used to wonder why it rained or how rainbows came to be but now I don't because I know why. I used to have a thousand friends and none of them were even human, or living things at that. I used to live in castles and I would make them my self, but now I live in a regular old house. Why am I not like that anymore? Where did my magical life go? I really have no idea, but I know that I want to find it. I want it back. Now I see those castles as messes made out of blankets and chairs and those thousands of friends are really piles of stuffed animals. When we were small we could look like whatever we wanted and we didn't care, we wouldn't care if we were all muddy from playing in the sandbox.Our hair could be in the biggest knot fut our attitude and energy and smiles would cover it all up. We didn't care about what others thought of us, but why do we now? I especially remember the days when I would wait for Daddy to get home from work and when he would you were the happiest princess around. Personally, i wish I never grew up. Mesa's words of wisdom: Don't loose your Childish spirit, Please try to never grow up
"Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.
-Walt Disney


WE should become like children:
Mosiah 3: 19 For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the Holy fSpirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchildksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.


Matthew 19:14 14 But Jesus said, aSuffer little bchildren, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.




I quote Taylor Swifts Song "Never Grow up" when she says:

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up

You're in the car on the way to the movies
And you're mortified your mom's dropping you off
At 14, there's just so much you can't do
And you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots

But don't make her drop you off around the block
Remember that she's getting older, too
And don't lose the way that you dance around
In your PJs getting ready for school

No one's ever burned you
Nothing's ever left you scarred
And even though you want to
Just try to never grow up

Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs

I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up

Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple


Please try to never grow up

Here is the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRh7u_HOyAY




Why did I grow up, I was so much happier being a little kid, Why shouldn't I run around outside in the summer all day without ever going inside, or bundling up for school in 2 coats and scarfs and gloves, make us look like marshmallows. Why not? Why shouldn't i wear pig tails and bring a stuffed bunny everywhere I go? Really, Why not?


Reading Berstein Bears!




Bub...My 
hamster


I had a thing for hats

Blanket forts









First day of drivers training 


Falling asleep in the arms of Madre

Me and big Brother


Where to start my Pizza

Family road trips, we don't fit in the car anymore

Staring contest


Giddy-up Rudolf

Don't grow up



2 comments:

  1. You rock Mase. Seriously. I love piggy tails!
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew you better when you were little.

    ReplyDelete