we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Strength is...

Some dumb website it said, "A Strength is a Strength", really? Did you go to college to learn that? Gosh, some things are just so dumb. Another said, "A strength is the ability to consistently provide perfect [best] performance in a specific activity." That is not TRUE. This made me so mad. If a strength was that then only like 1% of the world would have a strength because only one person can be the best at something. A teacher of mine helped me realize what the meaning of strength is; To me the real definition of a strength is something that you can do with confidence and enjoy yourself while you do it.  Along with, it is something you can change or improve on . SO being short or having blue eyes is not a weakness. For example, at school I had to write a list of my strengths and I wrote things like Writing, reading, painting, soccer, volleyball, running, photography……..blah blah blah. I like writing; I am not good at it. I like reading, but I am not the best (in fact I am "mildly" dyslexic". I like painting, but I have only finished one painting (does that show my skill or not?) Soccer; I love it and have been doing it for 9 years now and I am defiantly not the best. Volleyball; I enjoy doing it but I never really played on a team except school last year. Running; I just like being outside alone and the feeling I get after running, I can only run (that I know of) 1-8 miles in one session and that is not the best, there is crazy ladies that run a marathon after they just went through chemotherapy and such. Photography, do I have to go there, I don’t even have a Camera! Obviously I am not the best at any of these things and that is OK. So what are things you like doing? There, you have a strength :)

Love Your Blogging Friend,


      Mase









So that was my uplifter of the day, I love you all so much! 


1 comment: