we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Friday, November 25, 2011

it will all be worth it...

black Friday...... just the name gives me the chills. I had never really participated in this  "holiday" until today. Scary. But the thing is, I only went to Jo-Ann Fabrics. Lets just say there were a lot of savage seamstresses. I went to bed Thanksgiving night at about 11:30 pm. My madre got me up this morning at 4:45 am. I rolled out of bed dragging my pillow and blanket with me. I slumped to the car. My mom on the other hand was nicely dressed and had makeup on. Yea, that is not me. I go for  the 'roll-out-of-bed' look. That's the way I like it. Anyway, about black Friday and the frantic fabric huggers. We drove for an hour before finally getting to our location. The cars around us were frosty like they had been there all night. We sat in the car for moment and we saw the Staples store next door line it had about 25 people in it and we laughed and said, "I  am glad we don't have to wait in that line." But alas, we see the Jo-Ann fabric line moments later and see that it is about 4 to 5 times as long as the Staples line. I wanted to be in the Staples line. I waited in my pajamas and man-shirt. Finally the doors opened and our line rushed forward. That was scary. The store was cold and evil and hateful feeling. Everyone rushed to get a ticket for the fabric cutting thing. Yea, I have no idea what that was about but I was in charge of the cart and it was pretty awkward to have to weave between people and get out of peoples way. I would walk just a few steps away from the cart to look at something and I would get some murderous glances at my cart full of snuggle print flannel. Eventually I got to go and look at beads, yarn, canvases, paints, Christmas junk, wood stuff, paper, frames,.......,.......,...........,beads, yarn, canvases, paints, Christmas junk, wood stuff, paper, frames,.......,.......,..........beads, yarn, canvases, paints, Christmas junk, wood stuff, paper, frames,.......,.......,.........(I circled the store a few hundred times); lets just say after a while meaning 3 hours and 36 minutes, everything looked the same. We saw a few ladies snoring in the pattern section, and I yearned to be among them. Carts were piled high with teetering mounds of cuddle prints or whatever. The giant foam pieces called me from a  secluded part of the store. I flipped mindlessly through pattern books which made me kind of depressed because every picture reminded me, "you don't know how to read a pattern, Mesa." All day I kept reminding myself  "it will all be worth it."This comforting technique did not work. A lady handed me a "b-71" ticket, Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! What a soul. That saved us about 45 to an hour wait more. But I will tell ya, After all day only running on a roll that I had for breakfast, whoo i was wiped. But guess what, after that lovely adventure of waiting in line to get in teh store, waiting in line to get the fabric cut and waiting in line to pay at Jo-anns I felt like I was in Elementary school again with all these lines.Then........we went to Michaels; another craft store. I am not joking. We were there for another 2 hours but at least they had better art supplies. Then we went to Tj-Maxx. we were there for like 20 minutes but I felt like I was going to pass out which I did in the car. When we got home I stayed in the car for another hour and slept. I had a weird dreams about my friend on Facebook asking me if I had seen her pictures of foxes that she drew and I was like, "I don't know, I am like half asleep right now (which was true) so I am kind of out of it." i woke up thinking I would be on the computer talking to her. So that was weird. I learned soemthing today: Black Friday is the day where the good and bad people are sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment