we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Today


{Warning: Contains a negative aura at the beginning but it gets better and it is ultra long}

Dear Today,
I am no longer sure if you are my foe or ally. Because today, I did not feel good. I don’t know why I felt miserable, tired, weak, sick and stressed. I just do and everything that is the slightest bit away from good is standing out to me more and more.
·         I got no sleep
·         In Math, I retook a test so I would have an A but no, teacher loses my retake and there in the grade remains a B.
·         I listened to people talking bad about other people
·         After school, I almost collapsed several times on the way up from the bus stop
·         First thing I saw when I stepped inside the house was a note on a piece of paper that looked like my brother had written it said, “I am sad.” I thought me too, although, I do not know why.
·         Right after that I am piled on with more and more chores than usual
·         Homework in general
·         Every sound I heard hurt my head
·         My head and heart pounded
·         I felt like I was going to pass out
There were a lot of other things but I feel like the aura of this post would be too negative so a the end of my day today I got dressed for soccer and went to practice but no one was there. The sky was black and it was raining. I went back to the car and waited so more. After a bit mom tells me to go check if anyone is there yet. So I go out there again, no one is there but I trip into the middle of the field and stumble to my hands and knees onto the met turf. I cry, yes tears, sobs. The stadium lights glare down at me like a scolding parent. The turf pieces stick to my palms. Rain hits my back, almost like it is prodding me to get up. I just cry, I don’t know why, I just do. I mean come on; my day wasn’t even that bad. In fact it was way better than usual. I just felt, bad.
    I walk back to the car and we drive home, the car headlights look like messy child’s painting strokes on a piece of black paper because of my tears. I listen to Jason Mraz-Details in the Fabric  I am sick of being strong, I have been strong for too long. I am tired of pushing the wagon that I was assigned to. Now I just want someone to take over and carry me for a while, at least help me stay up while I push the wagon. I want someone to say to me “Take my hand, I'll teach you to dance. I spin you around won't let you fall down. Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet
Give it a try, it'll be alright.” I know it is selfish, I do. But we all need to understand that we all have these day; the days where we just want to sit down and rest but we are worried that we wouldn’t be able to get back up.
    It’s funny when you fall, people finally start noticing. Actually it is kinda sad; finally when you are down, people rush to your aid but why didn’t the just hold them up the times when they were feeling strong? Why didn’t they just prod them along while they are still going just fine? Why weren’t they always there for them? I am not saying that no one has prodded me along because many people have and are still doing it but I am saying that I really don’t treat them like I should. I am so lucky to be one that has prodders to spare, not everyone has them. I pretend I don’t need them which is foolish because I really do.  I asked myself, where would I be without my prodders? The answer, I really don’t want to know.
    I got home and opened my Bible, the turned to a bookmark in Exodus. There were two scriptures that caught my eye:
Exodus 14:14
“The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace”
Oh my goodness Mesa! Rely on God more but do all you can just leave the rest to God. Stop being so arrogant and doing it yourself because you will fail! The Lord is there for my protection, support, and he will fight for me and I will remain in peace if we work together. What a beautiful promise.
Second scripture was Exodus 15:2:
“The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”
Amazing, anyways…….What was good today:
·         Extra credit in Science
·         I read a good book
·         I had “lunch” with my favorite teacher
·         It was a half day
·         I get to design my own restaurant menu in Health
·         The fall leaves were beautiful on the walk home today
·         I reread a kind note from a  friend
·         I spoke briefly with my friends and sister Hannah, Noelle and Kenra
·         I made my special soup
·         I had two mugs of hot chocolate
·         I found something I lost

That was my day, remember be a prodder.
Today, you taught me a lesson. I still don’t feel m my best, but I feel like I have learned something that I can use later on.
Today, I am thankful for Today
See you tomorrow, Today
from a follower,
Mase

No comments:

Post a Comment