we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something I absolutely hate

Yes, I know hate is a "strong" word but I would be lying if I went soft and said 'I dislike this.' Littering, garbage, gross, ruining Gods creation, Ahhhhhhhhh!! It really frustrates me so much that my heart is racing with emotion right now. In the bible it even says in Genesis 1:26, 28, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."


God said that twice and most likely more than just this throughout the scriptures. He said, I will make man and they can take change of the earth and use whatever is on it. But in his head I bet he was going 'I hope they know what they are doing, knowing mortals and all' because so far we have not done a good job. That shows how important this is. How I deal with this littering factor is I act upon my anger and pick up the litter.  I sometimes bring my little brother along and guilt trip the older people driving beside us by showing that if you throw your junk out the window then little children, so pitiful looking have to pick it up. (Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but still.) I have had people slow down and tell me good job and such. It makes me feel good but I still...I rather not have to be encouraged. So I will continue to do my thing of picking up garbage on the side of the road, its not really a "global warming" thing its just making our world look nice. 


I quote kid history when he says, "this is so dross"




This was me 2 years ago on a  free day. Do you see what I am doing in my free time!!


Be responsible, okay?? So I don't have to clean up the mess. It is not at all attractive to be too lazy to put a wrapper in the garbage bin on the way into the house. Come on people, what are you going to do with your dominion that God granted you? Huh?

1 comment:

  1. 1.) I enjoy my left foot is in your picture.
    2.) I totally understand what you're saying! At EFY, I was picking up trash around campus in my free time, and nobody was helping me, more of mocking and pointing out where more garbage was, or "accidently" dropping more trash for me to pick up... As I was doing this "S>W>A>T" as we called it (service without a trace) I picked up a note, that said "Whoever finds this, I want you to know that YOU are beautiful! -Sincerely Heather" a smile swept over my face and I could care less about people mocking! Maybe we should "service litter" sometime... drop notes of encouragement to those who do good. Is that backwards? Anyway, I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete