we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Thursday, September 8, 2011

MY man shirts

Is it a bad thing to know three guys, one of them being your teacher to have the same shirt as you? Did I mention that you are a female in this situation? Yep, that’s me, wearing my man shirt from Target, no bigs. So the first guy I saw with the same shirt as me was my brother’s friend and kind of mine too. I was like
 “Um, Scotty I have that same shirt.”
He grins, and says “really? Wear it Thursday.” So that was cool. Second time was days later around 6:00 am. I see a shirt, my shirt making its way down the hallway. I don’t even know why I say anything about us having the same shirt. It definitely is not necessary, maybe I feel as if I need to have some sort of connection with them. I have no idea really, I just do it. So obviously I say something to the guy wearing my shirt,
“Coleman, I have that same shirt as you.”  I realize that must have sounded really weird considering he is this guy probably around 6’5 and I am a girl (no need for further explanation).
Coleman looks at me strangely and what he says next makes me aware that I am really...different, “I got this in the boys section.”
“I know me too” I say back after a pause, why do I even say anything?  He gives me another puzzled look and rounds the corner. So that was round 2. Round 3 was later that day, I was sitting in my science class feeling very uncomfortable in my seat. I look at my teacher who is scurrying around some papers and I see a wonderfully comfortable looking shirt. Something I would wear. Wait, it’s my shirt…again. Guys are such thieves. I decide to approach this differently, I am not sure why I approached it at all, I am just like that I guess.
“Mr,______, did you get  that shirt at Target?”
He looks at me like I am weird (which I most likely am in this moment) and says, “Why yes I did and I absolutely love how comfortable it is. What was it, like 5 bucks?”
Me: “Yea, uh, I have the same one.” Awk; but that’s ok. Awkwardness builds personality. It tests your ability to handle different situations.
So how did I even end up with man shirts?!? Well, I don’t really like girl shirts and how they fit I like to feel free in what I wear. I wanted something I can just chill in. Man, guys are so lucky to have comfy shirts. Anyway, I was at Target (again) in the men’s department looking for size smalls. A worker is walking by but stops abruptly when he sees me and asks, “Do you need help finding something?” His tone of voice made it sound more like, “What are you, lost; this is the men’s section, duh?” I shrug and say no with a smile like I am totally cool with it, which I am. So I have come to a conclusion, in my opinion, it is not a bad thing to have the same shirt as some…several guys. Anyone disagree? ;)

1 comment: