we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Monday, September 5, 2011

37 cents

The story of my 37 cents: So right now I am poor. People, I have 37 cents. You know you have no money when you know the story of each coin in your wallet. I know where and when I got each coin  that I have. Sad, I know but there is a story to each and everyone of them, and I consider each coin equal to the value of a minted 1893 penny (if there is one). My first coin is a 1997 penny. I found in the bottom of my closet on my birthday. I was born in 1997 and my first thought was "Its probably this pennies birthday too."  So I silently sang happy birthday to this penny that I held gently in my hands, staring  at it compassionately. Don't worry, I know that is not very normal.
My next coin is my 2002 Mississippi quarter, this coin was the one that the cashier at Forever 21 gave me for my change. She dropped it and it spun around the counter until I snatched it up and slipped it into my pocket.
My 1990 nickle is the last coin I had left after I bought my messenger bag. And yes, I only had one nickle for a while.
My 1980 nickle and 2006 penny are a package deal, I was on a walk to pick blackberries and I found a penny. I automaticly said "This trip just got 1 cent cheaper" (its a habit.) Then a few steps later I find the nickle and I reunite the nickle and penny.
So now they are one big family of 37 cents. Yep, that's me, 37cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment