we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dear Borders of my Small Town,


Dear Borders of My small town,        
Your unexpected leaving is making me frown

Within in you, memories were made
And now without you they will fade
“Why does Borders have to leave?” I prayed
My mommy told me you have bills that have not been paid

I have a piggy bank with some change in it
Will it help you pay off your bills?
Anything I can do to prevent us from a split
Because Your books have helped me gain talents and skills

Me and my sister used to go to you every day
But I think I know why you are going bankrupt
People would come and read books and come back later so they wouldn’t have to pay
I know you would agree that that is totally corrupt!

I have to let you go
You will be in my heart forever,
While up I grow
Your leaving is something that I have to endeavor

I’m not going to say Goodbye
Because Goodbye means forgetting
And Forgetting means memories die



So I wrote this less than a year ago when I found out that Borders was going out of business. And I laughed when I dug it up today. Miss you Borders!!

This is a sad picture.



See you in Heaven, Borders.



No comments:

Post a Comment