we all have a story to tell.... my journey to creating/finding/ expressing me (or just figuring out the plot to my story)

do i end up happy? lets find out :)

Sunday, December 11, 2011

i asked God to meet with me again tonight

The other night
I prayed
My definition of prayer: conversation with God
 I sat in the corner of my bedroom
 the only light was from the setting sun
I sat in the dark and talked to God
I had several promptings 
I cried many complaints and worries but he never denied me
I told him about my successes and things I was happy about
and he was proud of me
I told him about people I wish would notice his hand in their lives
and he patiently listened
I sat in silence waiting for him to say what he had to say
because he is cool like that
I laughed aloud because I was happy
I cried because I felt sorry
I felt stress but he made me feel like I could overcome it
Near the end of my prayer
I told Him that he was the definition of a Best Friend
and that I was so thankful to have him around
before I closed I said
"Dear friend, this has been good. Will you meet with me again tomorrow night?"
Then I closed
and I felt good
I am thankful for prayer and my relationship with God


All in 23 minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment